Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Room with a View


Rhonna's blog has been a great help these past 10 days - I've found my creativity mojo again! It had been missing for the last 3 weeks or so. I'm also inspired by some books that arrived yesterday, 2 Griffin & Sabine books by Nick Bantock (I've had his altered art book Urgent 2nd class for about a year and loved it), as recommended by Holly. They are so beautiful, arts of work with a (strange!) romantic story.
Here are pages 7-9 of my 10 day challenge, my art journal is about half full now, I've had it since January I didn't think it would take me this long to fill it!!

Page 7 - your dream ..... JOB. I've written here about how much I would love to work in art gallery. I've placed some light pink vellum over this magnificent picture by Hokusai, (a free postcard I got in the Met in NY last year) held on with paperclips so that it can be removed easily.

Page 8 - dictionary exercise. I opened the dictionary and the first word I saw was HEART. A simple page with some stamping, doodling and a bit of BG paper cut out.

Page 9 - emotion, feeling. What was I feeling at this point in time. Well like the page says, pensive but happy. It's a grey, windy, trying to rain day, I've got no housework to do and have spent the last few hours filling my journal and listening to a radio recording of A Room with a View.


No comments: