Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crochet catch up

Wow, 4 weeks and no blogging feels like longer to be honest!

It's the summer holidays here which doesn't effect us too much to be honest, the local sure start centre runs a summer programme for toddlers so we have things to keep us busy. Some sessions are better than others... Robyn particularly loves the crafty fun ones, the messier the better!

I've been crocheting up a storm, 2 friends have had babies so I've made 2 ripple blankets:




I'm also very nearly finished a wrap in soft grey for me to wear at a wedding we're going to next month. This is an early WIP picture, it's much, much bigger now!!


My other crochet project is an Elise Shawl which I'm doing as part of a CAL (crochet along) on Ravelry. For the first time *ever* I'm following a crochet chart and for this particular pattern it's much easier for me to follow than the text pattern! As above this has grown significantly since I took this picture (you'll have to excuse the shoddy quality of this shot it was taken on my phone!)


OH and I are off to the Olympic Park in Stratford this week for the test Basketball games! Will be great to see the Park up close rather than in passing on the train, can't wait! Other than that not much planned here other than keeping Robyn occupied which is easier said than done let me tell you.. in September she will be starting playschool twice a week and I really think she's ready for it now!!

4 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

I love the blankets, and ths hawl looks great as well

Grateful4Crochet said...

sorry *the shawl*
too early in the morning :)

Hazel said...

What a fantastic blog! I found you through the owlies post on the Lucy group on Ravelry. x

search engine marketing said...

Your writing style is super. I would like to read more about your articles.That contains nice information....Thanks.