Sunday, May 29, 2011

Granny lap blanket

Just before I settle down to watch the Monaco Grand Prix and carry on hooking up a sun hat for Robyn I thought I'd share this blanket that I finished earlier this week as a present for a friend's birthday:I made it using yarn I had in my stash, 16 5-round granny squares and 4 larger squares called Willow which I got from 200 Crochet Blocks. It's a truly fabulous book and I urge anyone who loves crocheting blocks to look into it, I borrowed it from my sister when I started crocheting earlier this year and when she asked for it back I really missed it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

very nice Tracey. I must take up crochet again :) xx

MoCookbooksEtc said...

Love those colors! Very nice...

Becks said...

Ooh I bought that book in the charity shop recently. Keep flicking through asnd imagining lovely throws but not given myself the shove to start on a proper "big" crochet project yet.
Your blanket is very lvely.
x

GiddyStuff said...

It looks grat (as usual), I will have to have a peek at that book.