Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Creative Space


Another Thursday and another Creative Space. This week I'm working on making these granny squares into lap blanket using up some left over cream and pink yarn that I found in my wool bag as a gift for a friend (I'm pretty certain she doesn't read this so it's ok to share this pic!). It can only be a lap blanket as I don't have much of the cream yarn and I have no idea what it is as it had no band on it. It's DK weight and really smooth, I'm sure I only bought it to practise crocheting when I first tried to learn and I'm really sure that it was bought because it was the cheapest one in HobbyCraft!! If anyone has any suggestions as to what it may be I'd be grateful!! I suspect it's a synthetic cotton effect yarn as it's made of about 6 strands... but I could well be wrong!

I'm also very pleased to be able to share with you my finished summery mesh shawl/scarf. It was adapted from a pattern in Cute & Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench. I used a heavier weight yarn so it didn't go quite as far and it is more of a scarf than a shawl, but I am happy as larry with the finished item!

No comments: