Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010 Review

What a year 2010 was, flew by in a flash of Robyn giggles and learning to quilt & crochet!


I don't tend to make resolutions as I don't see the point of waiting to promise yourself to do something! But.... my one aim for 2011 is fairly trivial, I really hate leaving half-finished projects laying around. I am aiming to complete one project fully before starting another, it really is my worst habit. The Ellie quilt I made for Robyn took far too long, I got scared of certain stages and put it off, silly really! I get such a sense of achievement when I finally finish something (whether that be sewing, crochet, decluttering, gardening) and I hate hate hate having half-finished works in progress laying around.... so if you see me talking about a new make here please nudge me to make sure I've finished the last one!!


I also want to make more of an effort to apply myself to things and not give up when I can't get something right on the first try. For example if it hadn't been for Colin telling me to not give up with the crochet when I had a hissy fit as I couldn't get it right I would never have finally learnt how to do it! I want to do this for me and so that I can be a better example to Robyn!

Speaking of the Robster, this year will see Robyn starting playgroup in September, how did that happen?! She is such a fun little character and has a great sense of comic timing, she never ceases to amaze me with her ability to soak up words and use them. She's only just 2 but communicates better than some 4 year olds I know! I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops this year, and let's hope her hair grows some more, lots of curls round the back but still pretty scant on the top!!


Here's to a great 2011!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Happy New Year to you and your family ... thank you for such beautiful inspiration.