Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creative Space Thursday

Apparently having made an orange sock pig makes me "leftfield" so says one of my bessy mates. It's actually a compliment from Juliet, we have always revelled in not following the same path as everyone else, through clothes and music choices as students mainly! Anyhoo, this orange pig has been one of 6 (yes *6*) toys that I've completed since Monday! Admitedly they were all in different stages, but none close to finishing. I think the realisation that my first market of the year is fast approaching (Ingrave Community Market on March 7) I put a bit of a rocket up my bum 3 weeks ago and have now added the grand sum of 22 toys to my stock! My aim at the beginning of the year was to make on average 3 a week, so that's pretty good going, even if I do say so myself!

Here's the inventory:
10 chicks
3 cats
1 owl
1 monkey
1 pig
1 mouse
3 bunnies
2 frogs (I keep forgetting the frogs when I do this tally!)

If you'd like to see more pictures, please check out my flickr album here
Phew - now I just have 3 days to make a sock penguin for my nephew who is a bit Spheniscidae-mad at the moment. (No, I'm not David Attenborough, I just like to google stuff, a lot!).

Given that fact and that it's almost time to leave for Tumble Tots, I'd better sign out. Happy Creative Space Thursday all, don't forget to check out Kirsty's place and go on a blog-hop!

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

The pig is ace.

Hoping you have a fabulous day.

Bron said...

ooh! your piggy is gorgeous!
Actually, I had a peek at your flickr page, and I love ALL your critters!
I think the kitties ar emy favourite!

Beck said...

Who couldn't love an orange pig? He/she is very cute. Good luck with your market, it sounds like you will have lots to sell. I'm off to look at your other creatures x

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hee hee - thank you for your funny comment! I think I need a cup of tea too! The pigs are great and the inventory sounds excellent - hope you enjoy your fair :)

june at noon said...

That is the cutest little pig I've ever seen. Love the cheerful colors!

Claire Mackaness said...

Glad to hear I am not alone in crafting like mad for Sunday! I am launching my brand new product range so am even more nervous. Cant wait to see the menagerie. If anyone wants to come to the market you can find more at www.ingravecommunitymarket.blogspot.com