Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stash shopping

Wow another week has flown by with no time for crafting at all :o(
I spent the week at my parents in Suffolk so that we could have a new kitchen fitted - hurrah!! There was no way I could stay home with Robyn whilst it was done so a little Lowestoft holiday was in order. We had a great time and did manage to visit 2 great fabric shops and do a *little* shopping!!

This pile of loveliness came from Tyler's Patch in Barleylands which we visited before we left for Lowestoft:

I plan on making a quilted wall hanging for my bedroom as we don't have a headboard we need a little something on the wall to pretty it up a bit.


This stash pile came from the magnificent Sew and Sos in Bungay, Suffolk. If ever you're in the area and love fabric shopping it's a must-see. Stacked to the rafters with gorgeous bolts of fabric and a huge chest of drawers with bags and bags of offcuts.

I plan on using the brown with the turquoise from the other picture to make the wall hanging. The circles and fish are going to be some fun things for TopCat's Corner on folksy as well as a picnic blanket. The lilac floral pile is going to be turned into a quilted buggy liner for Robyn, just need to get some terry towling to back it.



Finally we went to Taverham garden and craft centre and stopped in at Sew Simple where I got some lovely white fabric for the ellie quilt I'm making for Robyn and some other bits and bobs, including a great issue of Homespun magazine, with a fab pattern for a Don't Look Now designed quilt. I hope one day to be able to attempt it!


I also managed to get enough plants to fill up the new flower-bed-that-used-to-be-a-pond, just need a little more topsoil in the bed before I can put these in:
Please ignore the weeds in the background!!



Happy Days!! Now before I can play with fabric and flowers I'd better get the kitchen stuff all put away and clean this dusty house!

1 comment:

crzylady said...

phew! what a stash! Yea for a new kitchen!