Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creative Space Thursday

My Ellie quilt top is coming together! I plan to try and get the rows stitched together today so that I can see if I need to make any adjustments to the centre panel (kind of wishing I hadn't already fixed the applique layers down on that, ho hum, lesson learnt!) After that I'll be able to get the border cut and pieced (a fairly simple task as it's going to be 4 white rectangles to edge this colourful masterpiece!) and then I'll have to man-up and face facts - I'll have to layer up and get quilting!! Kind of scary and kind of exciting all at the same time!! (Just don't mention the dreaded double B of bias-binding, *shudder* - how scary?)
Wish me luck peeps - oh and as ever pop on over to Kirsty's to check out more creative spaces, have fun!


Ooh this is my 250th post, wow doesn't feel like much for 5 years of blogging!

4 comments:

My Handmadehappiness said...

5 years huh ace!!!
loving your quilt so far... if you have time i am doing my first quilt ever... maybe you could check it out?!?!?! x

Unknown said...

Thats gonna be one amazing quilt! Loving your fabric choices.
Congrats on the 250th post
xxx

Tweed Thoughts said...

Your quilt looks great - I would love to have a go at making one - some day . . . :)

Lizzet said...

Wow! It is going to be an amazing quilt. I love how you have match all those colours :) Maybe one day I will be brave enough to stop reading about quilts and actually making one!