Monday, December 05, 2005

Day One



Day One - Why I love Christmas.
Journalling is split into two parts on each side of the hinged "door", it reads:
"1st December 2005

It’s the 1st December, that means I’m officially allowed to be excited about Christmas.
This is my first Christmas as Mrs Chorley having got married in September this year. This is our first Christmas in our house together. This is a SPECIAL Christmas. For me Christmas isn’t just the 25th December, it’s the whole build up and process that makes it a magical time of year (I love how Marks and Spencer call themselves Magic and Sparkle in December!)

I love spotting trees in peoples’ houses, I love the local garden centres that go nuts with Chrimbo decorations, I love the mood it puts people in, the excuses we give ourselves to eat, drink and be merry.

This is why I’m writing this journal, I figured if I love Christmas as much as I love scrapbooking (which I do!), then I should try and produce something that shows it, and this is the perfect way.


Merry Christmas."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. The hinges are cool as is the rubon behind the door. i always love ribbon. You sound just like my DD we has just joined up. For her Christmas starts on the 1st too.

Judi